National Specialty Lighting, Ltd.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Categories of Personal Information Collected
The following categories of personal information are collected by NSL:
- Identifiers (e.g. name, Internet protocol address, email address, physical address, and phone number);
- Internet and Network Activity Information; and
- Commercial Information.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information Collected
NSL obtains categories of personal information from consumers using the Site, third parties using the Site acting on behalf of consumers, or third parties with whom or which NSL has a business relationship.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
NSL uses personal information collected by it for one or more of the following purposes:
- To achieve the purposes for which you, a third party acting on your behalf or a third party with whom or which NSL has a business relationship provided personal information (e.g. if you provide personal information to request information relating to NSL’s products or services, NSL will use your personal information to respond to your request);
- To fulfill orders for products or services, or to process returns of products;
- To provide you with support, and to respond to your questions, regarding products and services of NSL;
- To send e-mail messages, newsletters and other relevant information;
- To respond to requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- To comply with any applicable law or legal obligation;
- To prosecute or defend itself in a legal dispute or proceeding; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by the CCPA.
Categories of Third Parties with whom NSL Shares Personal Information
NSL shares personal information with categories of third parties only to enable NSL to achieve the purposes for which it collects personal information. In particular, NSL shares personal information with its vendors and suppliers. Mullican does not, however, sell any personal information to third parties.
Specific Pieces of Personal Data Collected
NSL collects the following specific pieces of personal information:
- E-mail addresses;
- Physical addresses; and
- Phone numbers.
Summary of Consumers’ Rights
The following is a summary of a consumer’s rights under the CCPA:
Access to Specific Information
You have the right to request that NSL disclose certain information to you regarding your personal information collected by NSL as follows:
- The categories of personal information collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information collected about you;
- NSL’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or, if applicable, sharing your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with which or whom NSL shares your personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you; and
- If NSL disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of such disclosures, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You may request that NSL delete any of your personal information retained by NSL, subject to certain exceptions. Upon receiving and confirming your verifiable consumer request, if an exception does not apply, NSL will delete (and direct its service providers to delete) such personal information from NSL’s (or such service providers’) records.
Verifiable Consumer Requests
To exercise your rights described in these disclosures, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to NSL as set forth in the Policy. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request relating to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows NSL to reasonably determine you are the person about whom NSL collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows NSL to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
NSL cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if it cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. NSL will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
NSL endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If NSL requires more time (up to an additional 45 days), NSL will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. NSL will deliver its written response to your request by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures provided by NSL will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response provided by NSL will, if applicable, also explain the reasons it cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, NSL will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to electronically transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
NSL does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If NSL determines that any request warrants a fee, it will tell you why a fee is warranted and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
NSL will not discriminate against you for exercising any rights under the CCPA. In particular, if you exercise any such rights, NSL will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services, or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, NSL may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels.
NSL may revise these disclosures from time to time by posting the revisions on the Site. Any such revision will take effect immediately upon such posting, but will only relate to personal information collected after such revision is posted. It is your responsibility to periodically check the Site for revisions to these disclosures.
Dated: June 15, 2020